We will start the meeting on Thursday morning April 19th , with a technical session organized by our industrial partners. Topics will include:
– Gas cylinder handling training
– General presentation/discussion on Stable Isotope reference materials.
– The importance of sample preparation for bulk isotope analysis
– Basics and automation in data evaluation for reliable isotope analysis
– The future of collaborative data sharing using cloud based platforms (discussion workshop)
– IRMS maintenance and troubleshooting this includes for example a source rebuild, nafion dryer remake
– Getting the most out of your service engineer: the steps you can take first and the information you should provide.
– GC-IRMS session (Basics and latest status)
– EA-IRMS session (Basics and latest status)
After lunch we will proceed with the scientific presentations. The different sessions (oral and poster) will cover the diversity of research fields, such as ecology, medicine, human biology, forensics, food sciences, …
We will end the first day with a poster session combined with a Belgian Beer tasting, then an informal conference dinner. This will give the participants the opportunity to network, discuss and exchange results.
A few deadlines to keep in mind: Abstract submission deadline is January 25th, 2018. Participant registration deadline is January 30th, 2018.
Register now by using this link.